Entrepreneurship Living Learning Community
"Being part of the Magnuson Center played a very significant role in getting my biotech company off of the ground. Everyone has been kind and very willing to help me. The opportunities available at the Magnuson Center are invaluable."
– Jayanth Batchu ’18
Dartmouth's First Living Learning Community Focused on Entrepreneurship
The Entrepreneurship in Living Learning Community is the first Dartmouth Living Learning Community for students in all disciplines who have an entrepreneurial spirit: aspiring entrepreneurs, creatives, developers, coders, and problem solvers. Residents are often pursuing entrepreneurial interests, are creative artists and designers, are savvy in technical projects, or have a vision to help the world through social entrepreneurial ventures.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY
Residents focus on a broad set of entrepreneurial perspectives as they learn about the innovation cycle. Some residents work on start-up ventures that they have created before or during their time at Dartmouth. Other residents work on entrepreneurial projects. Students become strongly connected to the Magnuson Center for Entrepreneurship at Dartmouth as they participate in and create programming. They establish a deeper connection with the greater Dartmouth entrepreneurial community and the Upper Valley entrepreneurial ecosystem. Their hands-on-learning experience is augmented by connections they make with DEN alumni and the DEN City Chapters across the United States.
Entrepreneurship Living Learning Community students have the opportunity to participate in extensive Magnuson Center programming, and they are invited to special Dartmouth alumni and speaker events because of their close affiliation with the Magnuson Center. Students participate in Entrepreneurship Living Learning Community floor social events, floor generated programming, and weekly dinners (where they keep each other accountable for their project and venture goals).
The highlight of each term is the Entrepreneurship LLC Mini-Trek. Residents take a one-to two-day weekend trip in the fall, winter and/or spring term to an entrepreneurial or tech conference in a city in the United States. Past Mini-Treks have been in Boston, New York City, Burlington, and the Boulder/Denver area. Students also meet with Dartmouth alumni entrepreneurs on these Mini-Treks.
Residents have the opportunity to create solutions for the problems they see in the world and at Dartmouth using the Magnuson Center resources on campus and beyond.
- To be on the Entrepreneurship LLC floor residents must be on the floor for a minimum of two consecutive terms.
- To engage in a minimum of 75% of Entrepreneurship Living Learning Community weekly dinners (Monday nights from 5:00PM – 6:30PM) and other Entrepreneurship Living Learning Community sponsored activities, which could include workshops, speakers, experience trips, etc.
- Take trips to places like the Dartmouth Regional Technology Center and local startups in the Upper Valley.
- Residents will also have access to the Magnuson Center for Entrepreneurship to work on their own entrepreneurial projects
- Residents have the opportunity to apply to the Magnuson Center West Coast Experience. An incredible program for the devoted student entrepreneur! 12 students accompanied by Magnuson Professional Staff travel to the Seattle, WA and San Francisco Bay Area. Applications are accepted in fall term for the Dartmouth Winter Break Experience.
o Sarah Morgan, Program Manager, Experiential Learning
o Kevin Ge '21, Entrepreneurship LLC Student Leader
The Entrepreneurship Living Learning Community is located on the 3rd floor of the newly built, state-of-the-art dorms in the McLaughlin Cluster.
For more information click here.