Entrepreneurship Living Learning Community
Dartmouth's First Living Learning Community Focused on Entrepreneurship
The Entrepreneurship in Living Learning Community is the Dartmouth Living Learning Community for students in all disciplines who have an entrepreneurial spirit. Residents are often pursuing entrepreneurial interests, are creative artists and designers, are savvy in technical projects, or have a vision to help the world through social entrepreneurial ventures.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY
Residents have the opportunity to gain a broad set of entrepreneurial perspectives as they engage in student and guest speaker led discussions and case studies during the Entrepreneurship Living Learning Community weekly dinners. 35 students and one Undergraduate Student Advisor (UGA) are selected for the Entrepreneurship Living Learning Community. Students also participate in Magnuson Center for Entrepreneurship programming. Their hands-on-learning experience is augmented by connections they make with the greater Dartmouth entrepreneurial community, the Upper Valley entrepreneurial ecosystem, and Dartmouth Entrepreneurial Network (DEN) City Chapters and alumni across the United States.
Entrepreneurship Living Learning Community students are invited to special Dartmouth alumni and speaker events because of their close affiliation with the Magnuson Center. Students participate in Entrepreneurship Living Learning Community floor social events, floor generated programming, and weekly dinners (where they keep each other accountable for their project and venture goals).
Highlights of the year are the Magnuson Center Experiences. The West Coast Experience takes place in the Dartmouth winter break (applications are accepted at the beginning of fall term). Students travel to Seattle, WA, San Francisco and Palo Alto, CA for a 10-day trip. Residents may also take Mini-Treks (a one-to two-day weekend trip) to an entrepreneurship or tech conference in a city in the United States. Past Mini-Treks have been in Boston, New York City, and Burlington, VT. Students also meet with Dartmouth alumni entrepreneurs on these Mini-Treks.
Residents have the opportunity to create solutions for the problems they see in the world and at Dartmouth using the Magnuson Center resources on campus and beyond.
- Residents are strongly encouraged to participate in Entrepreneurship Living Learning Community weekly dinners (Monday nights from 5:00PM – 6:00PM) and other Entrepreneurship Living Learning Community sponsored activities, which could include workshops, speaker series, and experience trips.
- Residents are encouraged to take trips to places like the Dartmouth Regional Technology Center and local startups in the Upper Valley.
- A current or former resident’s participation in the Entrepreneurship Living Learning Community and Magnuson Center programming will be considered as their LLC housing application is reviewed.
- Residents are provided keycard access to the Magnuson Center for Entrepreneurship to work on their own entrepreneurial projects.
- Residents meet a diverse group of unique students with a common interest in entrepreneurial thinking.
- Residents have the opportunity during the Dartmouth fall term to apply to the Magnuson Center West Coast Experience, which takes place during Dartmouth’s winter break. Magnuson Center professional staff accompany 12 undergraduate students and 2 Tuck students to Seattle, WA and the San Francisco Bay Area to meet Dartmouth alumni engaged in entrepreneurship.
- During the Dartmouth winter term residents can apply to the Magnuson Center East Coast Experience, which takes place during Dartmouth’s spring break. Magnuson Center professional staff accompany 12 undergraduate students to visit a US city with an established Dartmouth Entrepreneurial Network (DEN) City Chapter (past trips have gone to Boulder and Denver, CO, New York City, and Washington DC).
- Residents may also take Mini-Treks (a one-to two-day weekend trip) to entrepreneurial or tech conferences (past trips have been to Boston, MA, New York City, and Burlington, VT.
Sarah Morgan, Program Manager, Experiential Learning
The Entrepreneurship Living Learning Community is located on the 3rd floor of the state-of-the-art LLC dorms in the McLaughlin Cluster.
The application process for the Entrepreneurship Living Learning Community is run through the Living Learning Communities Office as part of Dartmouth Residential Life.
For more information about the Dartmouth Living Learning Community and the application process for the Entrepreneurship Living Learning Community click here.
To apply sign into your Banner Student Housing Star Portal to fill out the Housing Application – including the application prompts. Link to the Living Learning Communities webpage here for further directions on how to apply.