Apply today for a grant of up to $1,000
- The Magnuson Center Founder Grants facilitates the start and development of Dartmouth-founded ideas. The Founders Grant award up to $1,000 to an individual or team. Successful applications will demonstrate entrepreneurial plans, exhibit solid background research of the idea, and have high commitment to both learning and executing on their ideas.
Oct 5 - Founder Grant Application Open
Oct 23 - Founder Grant Application DUE, Close at NOON
Nov 2 - Founder Grant Recipients Notified
Founder Grants are open to enrolled full-time undergraduate and graduate Dartmouth students, Dartmouth faculty, and Dartmouth staff who are either the founder or one of the co-founders of the venture. A maximum of one Founder Grant per primary applicant per academic year, regardless of venture, will be granted. Preference is given to ventures with primary applicants who have not yet received funding.
Required Application Items
- Online Application
2. Pitch deck of 10-20 Slides (Including Funding Ask)
3. Founder Headshot(s)
4. 15-minute interview
- Strength of team: commitment to learn and execute
2. Problem definition
3. Market opportunity
4. Quality of product or service (value proposition)
5. Credibility of business model
6. Clear definition of action plan (objectives vs. timeline, use of funds)
All recipients must provide any necessary information or documentation within one month of award notification or any and all monies awarded will be forfeited. If receiving an award, checks must be deposited within 90 days to avoid loss of funds. Checks will not be reissued.
International students should check with OVIS regarding any possible conflicts pertaining to working or operating a business.