Apply today for a grant of up to $5,000
The Magnuson Center Founder Grants facilitates the start and development of Dartmouth-founded ideas. The Founders Grant award up to $5,000 to an individual or team. Successful applications will demonstrate entrepreneurial plans, exhibit solid background research of the idea, and have high commitment to both learning and executing on their ideas.
Rules & Eligibility:
1. Founders Grant are open to enrolled full-time undergraduate and graduate Dartmouth students, Dartmouth faculty, and Dartmouth staff who are either the founder or one of the co-founders of the venture.
2. A maximum of one Founders Grant per primary applicant per academic year, regardless of venture, will be granted.
3. Preference is given to projects with primary applicants who have not yet received funding.
Your application will be evaluated based on the following:
1. Strength of the team
2. Size and growth of the market
3. Quality of the product or service (value proposition)
4. Credibility of the customer model
5. Clear definition of an action plan for the term (objectives vs. timeline)
6. Individual/Team commitment to learn and execute
Required items to apply:
1. Online application
2. Pitch deck of 10-20 slides
3. Project Logo (can be a mock-up)
4. Founder(s) head shots
5. Possible 15 minute interview.
Grant Dates and Deadlines:
Stay tuned for the next date for applications.
- All recipients must provide any necessary information or documentation within one month of award notification or any and all monies awarded will be forfeited.
- If receiving an award, checks must be deposited within 90 days to avoid loss of funds. Checks will not be reissued.
- International students should check with OVIS regarding any possible conflicts pertaining to working or operating a business.
For questions about this application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org